Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oregon State Fair

I took a bunch of snaps the night my wife and I went to the Oregon State Fair. I don't go on the rides and the fair food is deemed unsafe by cardiologists. We go every couple years. It's a great place to people-watch, see a lot of animals and experiment with light.


Hooded Sheep, 8.30.12


Along the midway, 8.30.12

Cotton candy. Cold drinks. The tilt-a-whirl... the inferred influence of Ferlinghetti, Robert Frank and Bruce Springsteen are all over this one. From the Coney Island of your mind to the boardwalk in Asbury Park. Strangely, this, to me, is a timeless, American image.

The Zipper, 8.30.12


Ferris Wheel, 8.30.12

Kilowatt Smile, 8.30.12

So much of photography is simply a matter of timing and luck. This is the second of two exposures I got of this couple about to be spun. The first is dark. She's not looking at the camera. When she saw me, she beamed. Amazingly, I got it.


Are You Going to Heaven? 8.30.12


No comments:

Post a Comment