Thursday, June 26, 2014

FILM!!!

Last summer,  I decided to go retro... all the cool photographers are doing it. Shooting film, that is. Hindsight is 20/20 they say. Had I known, I would have kept my Canon SLR system. Hell, I would have kept my Nikon F3 system – yes, once upon a time, I veered from Canon, because, well, all the cool photographers shot with Nikon. Suffice it to say, I went back. I usually shoot with a Canon G9 or my Rebel xs-i -- one of the last cameras to be sold without video capability. At any rate, I decided to buy a 48 year-old Canonet. The things are known both as tanks and as "the poor man's Leica." I'll spare you the details, but what began as a deal on eBay, became a money pit that cost me about twice what I paid for it to work. But, work it does. It's fun but very limited--the highest ASA is 400 and focusing is tricky. Below are some of the first photos I took with it.

Saturday shindig, Silverton, Oregon
October 5, 2013


The Mayor

The Old Crumudgeon




The images below were taken in Salem, Oregon
sometime in October




No comments:

Post a Comment