Thursday, October 25, 2012

4 selects



Turner Memorial Tabernacle, 9.5.12

If you've followed this blog, you know I very rarely "manipulate" my images. I try to limit my Photoshop work to basically what could be done in a darkroom, i.e., dodging and burning, exposure control, contrast, etc. So this one is a bit of a departure. The building and the angle seemed to lend themselves to an "antiquing" process. My little watermark is also kind of dated.



Daisies, 9.15.12

This one is a case of the camera ensuring I get the shot! I originally took this in monotone, but with the setting for a large jpg file, plus the RAW file. When I saw the muted palette of the RAW file, I decided I preferred it. I did nothing else to it.


Fading Flora, 9.15.12

This one was taken the same day as the one above, but I left this one in monotone. I used my Canon 105mm macro lens, giving it that extreme depth of field. A great lens!


Broken Window with Wasp's Nests, 9.29.12

This one reminds me a little of a Minor White image, which, to me, is never a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment